Government of India, Department of Space Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology [Declared as Deemed to be University under Sec.3 of the UGC Act 1956] Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram 695547
Advertisement for Library and Information Science Trainee
Advt. No: IIST/ Admn/09/2015 Dated 05.06.2015
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Asia’s first Space University was established under the Department of Space in September 2007. IIST is presently offering 4-year B.Tech programmes in “Aerospace Engineering”, “Avionics” and “Physical Sciences”, M Tech, PhD and Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) programmes in specific areas of Space Science and Technology.
The state of the-art Library at Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) has a well equipped collection of books, journals and e-resources from all major subject areas. The book collection has prominent text books, supplementary reading materials and reference books. The operations of the library are fully computerized and the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is accessible from anywhere in the campus on 24X7 basis. E-resources deployed in the campus-wide network contains more than 4000 e-journals, hundreds of conference papers, standards etc.The major e-resources include ACM Digital Library, AIAA, AIP, APS, Annual Reviews, ASME, Cambridge Online, IEL Online (IEEE), JSTOR, Optic InfoBase, Oxford Journals, Royal Society of Chemistry, and Science Direct. In addition to the regular Library and Information services, Book Bank service is being provided to ensure essential study materials to IIST students.
IIST invites applications for Library and Information Science Trainee:
Number of Positions-5 (Five)
Training Period--One year
Consolidated monthly stipend--`12,000/-
Educational Qualification--First Class Masters Degree in Library and Information Science.
Age limit as on 10.07.2015 28 years. Age relaxation applicable as per Government of India orders.
General Conditions/ Instructions:
1. Only Indian Nationals need apply.
2. Candidates should enclose attested true copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials along with the application.
3. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ Ex-servicemen/ PWD should produce copies of the relevant certificates issued by the Competent Authority to that effect.
4. A ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned is required in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies.
5. Only short listed candidates will be called for Written test/Interview, as the case may be.
Government of India, Department of Space Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
[Declared as Deemed to be University under Sec.3 of the UGC Act 1956] Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram 695547