Program Officer (Library Programme)
No. of Positions: - 1
Location: Yadgir, Karnataka
• Set up and support fully functional and well equipped libraries in identified schools in Yadgir district
• Lead a team of library coordinators and library educators and oversee implementation of library programme in 100 schools in two years
• Conduct workshops and trainings for setting up functional libraries
• Coordinate with external agency for conducting baseline and end line surveys
• Visit schools at regular intervals, communicate with principals and teachers and community institutions
• Coordinate with panchayats, school management committees and parents to create supportive environment for reading
• Take up fund raising at the local level and set up mechanisms for long term sustainability
• Plan and coordinate organize community/book melas at regular intervals
• Participate in Library Educator’s Course offered by the Tata Trusts and develop capacities of the team
• Support manager (Programmes) in developing new programme proposals
• Ensure adoption of tablet based MIS for effective tracking of library programme
• Generate quarterly progress reports with inputs from team
• Fulfil donor/investor requirements where necessary
Educational Qualification: Candidate should have a Masters in Social Work/Education / Social Sciences.
Experience: Minimum 3 years relevant experience in implementing programmes at state level, preferably in the library or early literacy area and working with government school systems and community based organizations.
Core competencies: Managing teams at the local level, training and capacity building, project management, understanding of finances, keen interest in literacy and reading programmes, fluent in Kannada and English.
Salary: Competitive salary and will depend on the experience and skills of candidate.
Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, mentioning the interested position, present & expected salary and a one page note on why they feel they are fit for the job at hand.
Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae and should reach Kalike office by September 20, 2015. The application should be in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
# 317/85, 1st Floor, 18th Main, 18th Cross,
M C Layout, Near Udaya School, Vijaynagar,
Bangalore – 560 040
Applications by e-mail should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged.
Apply by: 20 Sep 2015
Email id: email@example.com